Friday, July 14, 2006

swing

When my stance, grip, and head position is correct, my hit is very precise. Most of the time when I miss the object ball, it goes to the right of my intended line. This is because my old habits have the shaft under my nose, which makes my right eye looks across my target line. This makes it seem like I'm hitting straight, but I'm actually aiming the cue ball a little to the left. I should spend most of my time just hitting balls now to ingrain the correct stance and to eliminate my old habits. Another image that really helped me (borrowed from Phil Cappelle's Practicing Pool) was the feeling that my cue was just rocking back and forth on my bridge hand. Combining that with a firm grip with my thumb and first finger really gave me a lot of feel for the hit on the cueball. My 8 foot straight in shots are probably up in the 70-80% range now. I'd like to get to above 90%.

No comments: